Given the recent officer involved shooting on Beatties Ford Road, our city leaders are hosting community conversations about the relationship between law enforcement and the communities they serve.
Below are two ways our Churches are supporting our community:
1. BE PRAYERFUL
• Pray for the peace of Charlotte.
• Pray for reconciliation in our city, knowing that the power of the gospel has the ability to unite the divisions in our city.
• Pray for the family of Danquirs Franklin, who has lost a son, a father, and a friend.
• Pray for our law enforcement officers and their families.
• Pray for wisdom and guidance for Charlotte's city leaders including our Mayor, Chief of Police, City Manager, and City Council.
2. BE PRESENT
• Be a bridge builder in our city. As each person processes individually and as a community, it is important to take a posture of listening and humility.
• Participate in a peace rally at 7 PM this evening. Because of a commitment to being peacemakers in our city, multiple pastors formed and are leading peace rallies across the city, creating space to process as a community. See the flyer below for more details.